Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2011

Chapter 1



Devon School

I hadn't been to Devon in about fifteen years. Everything seemed different now. "It seemed more sedate than I remembered it, more perpendicular and strait-laced, with narrorer windows and shinier woodwork, as though a coat of varnishhad been put over fifteen years before there had been a war going on." (1) The school now looked like a museum. I kinda assumed the school just started once I started going there, and once I left, I assumed it was gone. I walked around the school yard, the more memories that came back to me. I finally reached that damn old tree. Where everything started. Where the beginning of the end had begun. Where Finny would start to die. Where Finny's life would get ruined. All over stupid stuff. All over jealously that I couldn't let go. Why did I have to do it? He could have been something so amazing. But I ruined it all...He was the most athletic person I'd ever seen at our school. He wasn't a great student, but he didn't need to be...That tree looked more evil than ever. All dark. Covered in scars. The old jumping spot still hung over the river. Another limb grew in near that, but wasn't nearly as thick. This brings back old memories...
The Jumping spot



No comments:

Post a Comment