Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chapter 6

The summer session had ended. "Peace had deserted Devon" (64), it must have left with Finny. Everything seemed different after the summer session had ended. Mr. Pike had returned, leaving the substitute headmaster nowhere on campus."His face was as mild and hopeless as ever; mooning above the snappy, rigid blouse, it gave him the air of an imposter" (65), but he was the same as always. But so was everything else. The hymns, the sermons, the announcements. Nothing had changed. Except Finny hadn't been there, because of me. All the bulletins boards were filled with notices about everything going on at the school.

I started managing the crew with Cliff Quackenbush. I was Assistant to the crew manager. I basically had no rights at my position, as the head assistant was a class below me. Cliff did not seem to like me from the very beginning. Cliff and I started to aruge. I lost control. We got into a big fight. I'm no longer assistant to the crew manager.

I got a call from Finny today. I don't really want to say what happened on the phone call, but he's coming back soon. He's also happy to here his room is still empty...

No comments:

Post a Comment