Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Chapter 4

We had been at the beach all night. When I first woke up, I looked over to see if Finny was awake yet. He wasn't. I looked out at the sky, and was rather surprised. "The ocean looked dead too, dead gray waves hissing mordantly along the beach, which was gray and dead-looking itself" (41), as the beach didn't look as beautiful as I thought it would have in the morning. After staring out for a bit, I soon realized that we had to be at Devon. It must have been somewhere around six thirty, and it would take three hours to get there. I had a trigonometry test today, and that was at ten. If we hurried, I could mkae it there in time for the test.

We barely got to Devon in time. We lost our changed somewhere over the stay at the beach, and couldn't get breakfast. I took my test. Failed miserably. I felt terrible after it. I had never failed a test before. I was going to be valedictiorian! Wait...that's it! Finny made me fail the test because he doesn't want me to become valedictorian! I can't believe this! Why would he want to sabotage me...?

No comments:

Post a Comment